INTRO LEAD] (Wild, unhinged guitar riff – like a fire alarm having a meltdown, sirens in the distance) [Verse 1] My mother said she knew that something was wrong with me From the day I was born… wait, she said “the day I was WRONG with me” Doctor slapped my bottom, I bit him on the knee Nurse dropped the clipboard, screamed “Lord have mercy!” By age three I was acting up, pure chaos in a nappy Stabbed my sister with a crayon, called it “arts and crafty” Burnt down the playhouse, then the real house for good measure Mum just sighed and said, “He’s got his father’s evil treasure…” [Chorus] Lock me up and throw away the key! I’m the kid from hell, can’t you see? Social services came, Mum yelled “Take him, please!” “He’s pure demon spawn, put him in the clink with the fleas!” Lock me up! (Lock me up!) Throw away the key! I’ll still escape by half past three! [Verse 2] They shipped me off to a home for troubled little lads First night I rewired the lights and caused a power blackout, lads Stole the warden’s car keys using nothing but a spoon Drove it round the playground singing “Highway to the Moon” They tried therapy, I drew flames on the Rorschach test Told the shrink his mother wore army boots and looked depressed Every time they locked the door, I’d pick it with a bobby pin Then leave a flaming bag of… “regrets” right outside the bin [MID SONG LEAD] (Faster, chaotic solo – guitar sounding like it’s giggling maniacally while police sirens try to keep up) [Chorus] Lock me up and throw away the key! I’m the gift that keeps on giving, can’t you see? From cradle to the grave, I’m singing this refrain Every institution screams “Never let him out again!” Lock me up! (Lock me up!) Throw away the key! I’ll be back for Christmas, wait and see! [Verse 3] Now I’m older, still a menace, got a rap sheet longer than my arm Arson, minor treason, and that incident involving the farm They built a supermax with walls ten feet thick I tunnelled out in a week using a toothbrush and sheer cheek Mum visits sometimes, shakes her head and sighs Says “I told them from day one, the boy ain’t right” But when I wave and smile with that sweet demonic grin Even she starts laughing… then calls security again [Outro Lead]SLY BOOTH LOCK ME UP pic.twitter.com/sj8jULJG66
— vjtvcanada (@vjaytvcanada) July 22, 2026
Archive
Archive
- 05/17 - 05/2448
- 05/10 - 05/1741
- 05/03 - 05/10105
- 04/26 - 05/0395
- 04/19 - 04/2696
- 04/12 - 04/1996
- 04/05 - 04/12114
- 03/29 - 04/0596
- 03/22 - 03/29114
- 03/15 - 03/22148
- 03/08 - 03/1563
- 03/01 - 03/08106
- 02/22 - 03/0188
- 02/15 - 02/2289
- 02/08 - 02/15138
- 02/01 - 02/08153
- 01/25 - 02/01150
- 01/18 - 01/2593
- 01/11 - 01/1880
- 01/04 - 01/1176
- 12/28 - 01/04112
- 12/21 - 12/2864
- 12/14 - 12/21111
- 12/07 - 12/14118
- 11/30 - 12/07146
- 11/23 - 11/3058
