CHRISSY RIVERS BAND YOU ARE NOT WORTHY

View on Threads
"You Are Not Worthy"][Intro] (Spoken over acoustic guitar and a little twang) Well, I tried to turn the other cheek, Lord knows I did... but some folks just keep slappin' the same damn one. [Verse 1] You slapped me with disrespect like a backhanded whore, Courtesy of you and your lyin' no-good core. You borrowed my truck, brought it back on three wheels, Smellin' like cheap whiskey and somebody else's squeals. Called my mama a hag behind my back at the bar, Then hit on my sister like a horny ol' star. I forgave you once, twice, hell maybe three, But your sorry ass keeps disrespectin' me. [Chorus] You are not worthy, Not even a crumb off this here feast. I got love in my heart, but a limit on my time, Keep actin' foolish and you outta my mind. You are not worthy, Go crawl back under that rock where you rest. I can forgive, yeah the Bible says so, But I ain't gotta keep you in my rodeo! [Verse 2] You showed up drunk to my granddaddy's funeral, Pissed in the punch bowl, called it "holy renewal." Stole my best boots and left 'em full of holes, Then blamed it on my dog and them damn armadillos. Talk shit on my songs, say my singin's off-key, While you're tone-deaf as a frog in a whiskey tree. I turned the cheek so much it's raw as hell, Now I'm 'bout to kick your ass straight to farewell. [Lead Guitar Solo] [Bridge] Yeah, Jesus said forgive 'em seventy times seven, But He never met your toxic, two-faced ass in this here heaven. Some folks are just poison wearin' human skin, Suckin' out the joy like a tick buried in. I wish you the best from a distance far away, Don't let the screen door hit ya where the good Lord made. [Chorus] You are not worthy, Not one more second of my precious time. I got love in my heart, but a limit on my days, Keep actin' foolish and you’re gone from my ways. You are not worthy, Take your negative force and go fuck yourself. I can forgive like a good ol' Christian man, But your ass is purged from my circle, goddamn! [Outro]